Friday, February 3, 2012

So, it looks like I'll be having 2 posts by the end of this week. I have been procrastinating my blog posts and need to repent! Something on my mind has been the reason why one would migrate to the US for a better opportunity. My biological family did this, and for a while it actually worked. We had a better life and anything we could want. But then want turned into need and everybody became greedy. My uncles and aunts went to work harder and spent less and less time with my cousins or with us. My cousins turned on one another claiming that one was favored over the other. In my situation, my brother and I just didn't have anything. So, it became who can take care of Oscar (my bro) and Sarah the best and we became an obligation. Now all of my uncles are divorced. They have lost everything (family-wise). They live alone and try to keep in touch with the rest of their siblings because they regret the choices they have made in their lives. I've watched my family fall apart first hand because of the "American Dream" and immigrating here and I'm always left to wonder... "What if they had never come to the US? Where would I be today?" Everything happens for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment